Thursday, May 01, 2014

Me Made May 2014



It's the start of Me Made May 2014 and it's also May Day / Labour Day, a public holiday. Two me-mades to kick off MMM2014 : Two Colour Smock and Crochet Bag

I wasn't sure if I could get someone to take a photo for me, so the night before, I took a flatlay photo of what I was going to wear. One of my aims for MMM2014 is to give more thought to co-ordinating my me-mades with the rest of my wardrobe. Doing the flatlay the night before forces me to think about what to wear my me-made with, including accessories like my me-made bags and cardigans. I wear this smock very often, especially on warm days, because it is soft, comfy and breezy to wear. I was looking for a bag to go with my outfit and found this crochet bag hanging in my ironing room. Sadly, it is a neglected item. I cannot remember the last time I took it out to use. It is crocheted from very sturdy Butterfly cotton yarn and I had sewed a drawstring pouch to put inside so that my things will not fall out. So glad that this bag got an airing today, I will defintely use it more often on weekends.

This is me, after I came back from breakfast, marketing and a quick visit with my mum. Thanks to my dear son for taking this photo for me!

Have a Happy May Day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Happy May Day! It looks lovely seeing outfits laid out in the flat like that. That's great you rediscovered this bag - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn, I usually carry the same bag everyday because I am too lazy. But I am trying to co-ordinate my me-mades with the rest of my wardrobe,including bags borrowed from my daughter :)

      Delete
  2. That smock is lovely, it looks great on you :) Love the soft color palette you chose for your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristina, I like the soft colours too, somehow I feel cooler in the warm weather here.

      Delete
  3. What the others said, plus I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this pink net bag is so cute.
    love it ❤

    ReplyDelete