Friday, May 23, 2014

May Me Lace Shrug


Pattern: MayMe Style of Sewing (Sewing Pochee Special), Pattern number 4
Size: One size only

This is the first pattern I have sewn from this May Me book. When I first saw the pattern in the book, I wasn’t impressed by it at all, but I was drawn to it after seeing Anna's version. My weather is perpetually sunny and I was thinking of making it in knit cotton jersey. Then I remembered my lace fabric leftover from a door curtain and refashioning my daughter’s dress with a lace heart. And guess what, the leftover was exactly enough. I had only teeny bits of scrap left after cutting. Whoohoo, I love it when I use up every inch of fabric.


I really like this lace shrug, but I have some difficulty wearing it with my clothes, nothing seems suitable. I think it needs to be paired with a simple light pastel dress. Alas, I hardly wear dresses and so for these pics, I wore it with my beige tunic to show you the lace shrug. But I think it will look much better worn with a floaty, creamy linen dress, which, sadly, I do not have. All the more excuse to sew one right?

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I've seen quite a few different patterns around of this shape & I really like them. I love your choice of fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn! I was glad to use up my leftover lace :) But finding it a bit difficult to have an opportunity to wear it though, cos lace is a bit dressy for my everyday :) but I'm sure the right ocassion will come along, just have to be patient :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, a good excuse to sew some new clothes is a good thing! I really like your shrug in lace. It's so light and airy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I like the shrug and will probably make more, but I think I need to downsize it because it's too big. Maybe the next one could be a silky one for evening to go with the evening dress that I dont have yet haha!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I agree - you now have an excuse to sew a dress! Although I do think it looks good with what you're wearing, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the pattern in the fabric. I made a sweater in kidsilk haze a few years ago that has a very similar lace pattern. Unfortunately I can't find a photo to show you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooohhh, I wouldlove to see your kidsilk haze sweater someday,it sounds luxurious :)

      Delete
  5. such a pretty shrug! loving the lace!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete