Sunday, November 10, 2013

finishing and starting

The Michael Kors cape is done! Well, the knitting is done, but I need to buy some buttons for it. Here's a preview.


Next I want to knit a mohair sweater. The yarn I'm using is the pale lilac yarn on the left. I'm not sure if you can see it, the yarn has a bit of shimmer. The yarn is from China, no brand, no label, no information on yardage. I'm hoping that I will have enough yarn, if not I will have to improvise. I swatched with 4.00 mm needles and I got a gauge of 18 sts and 24 rows. I want to knit a slightly over-sized, dropped shoulders, cropped sweater for my daughter. I am still contemplating whether to knit in plain stockinetter or incorporate some cables or a bit of lace. I want a wide neckline either in rib or a cabled rib. The sweater hem will also be in rib or cabled rib and I'm still wondering if I should knit the back longer than the front. Before I can start though, I need to wind the skein into a ball before I can start knitting.

5 comments:

  1. The cape looks wonderful - love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Harriet, I would have preferred to knit it in a neutral coloured yarn , but my daughter likes pink :)

      Delete
  2. Pretty cape in pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hana, my daughter chose pink, and it turned out prettier than I expected :)

      Delete