I had a one yard piece of white textured fabric that I had bought many years ago. It's the same fabric as my Sorbetto Dress. I wanted to sew a long swingy tank top out of it, but there wasn't enough fabric. There was, however, enough to sew a Sorbetto blouse with sleeves.
As usual, I sewed an inverted pleat and reinforced it by topstitching. The sides of my earlier Sorbetto top kind of sticks out at the the hem, so this time, I curved the hem up at the sides by about 1 inch. I also raised the front and back neckline. Note to self: I can afford to raise the front neckline by another inch. For the sleeves, I used this Sorbetto sleeve pattern. The length of the sleeve cap was too long for the size 4 armhole I was using, so I fudged it by cutting off a bit here and there. It still doesn't fit that well as you can see, but it is serviceable. I used a peach satin bias tape to finish the neckline as I didn't have any white bias tape in my stash.
This blouse turned out better than I expected. I wore it with shorts here, but I can also wear it to work with a pencil skirt. The only drawback is that the fabric is a little too see-through. I need to remember to take note of this point in future when buying fabric for tops. Sorry for the over-exposed pictures, it is a bright sunny day here today.
Happy 47th National Day to all my fellow Singaporeans!