Sunday, April 08, 2012

Happy weekend

Some things that made me happy over the long weekend. 
EASTER SUNDAY. John 11: 25-26 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die."

FAMILY. Celebrated my father's birthday. My nephews made red birthday eggs for their "Gong Gong" (grandfather). I borrowed these photos from my sister's Facebook.


FOOD. My sister brought this huge sushi platter. We also had birthday noodles. My mum will always make sure that we eat noodles on birthdays. It symbolises longevity.


SEWING. I sewed some pockets. I am especially pleased with how my top-stitching makes nice right angles at the corners. This is the first time it turned out so neat. By the way, can you guess what I am sewing?

7 comments:

  1. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a festive celebration! I love the labels on the eggs. Thanks for the idea. My mom's big birthday is coming up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sushi looks amazing! Love the red eggs too, glad you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello from malaysia :) i wish to sew )): but never really got to it. is it hard?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Erin! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend/holiday. Your family reminds me of mine. My mom (as well as my grandmother) always makes sure there are noodles at our birthday celebrations. Not just any noodles tho. They need to be literally long to symbolize longevity, and it's usually japchae! And my aunt brings the food - usually lots of Korean food AND sushi!

    ReplyDelete