Friday, March 09, 2012

spring knitty

The Spring Knitty collection is up. I like this issue very much.

So many pretty shawls - my fave is afternoon tea. Even the name is so pretty.

My fave cardi is a swingy lace one called petal. A pretty name for a spring cardi.

I don't feel like I can wear sweaters anymore, because of my increasing waistline, but gemini seems like a sweater that I can possibly wear because it has a relaxed fit. And it has a different lace for the front and back. Meadow is also a very sweet sweater, the colours are light and fresh, suitable for my daughter.

What about you? What's your fave from this spring's Knitty?

5 comments:

  1. I love afternoon tea too, but I'm not sure if it's just because of the name or not! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love gemini,too.it looks wonderful!!
    have a nice weekend,
    love regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretties in this Knitty!! I love Raindrop. I'd have to modify it a bit to make it flattering on my figure (I'd add buttons all the way down the front, waist shaping, and some sort of treatment along the hem), but I really like the look of the yoke and the texture of the stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right about Petal, it´s a really delicate and lovely little summer cardi. I especially love it´s neckline, made to wear a pretty necklace and a beautiful 'border' for it then. But you are really tempting me now. Seeing the new knitting designs always again makes me want to start making clothes and stop making things for my home. This is always again the very best start into a new season - seeing all the new designs and colours and yarns, so much fun browsing them, thanks for the link to Knitty, I haven´t been on this site for such a long time now and so I thank you for reminding me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say that Meadow is my favorit and I am sure it would suit woman of our age very well, too. Love the colours and that little fair isle rows, one day for sure I will really try to knit fair isle, and even only at a hot pad, every time again I see this design I always fall in love with it again. So one day ................

    ReplyDelete