Sunday, March 11, 2012

before it falls apart

My mother used to knit, a long time ago. When I started knitting, she gave me her old knitting patterns. They are mostly one or 2 patterns printed on sturdy card stock. One pattern, however, was torn from the pages of the Women's Weekly September 35, 1954. The quality of the paper is not very good and due to it having been folded for many years, it started disintegrating. I wanted to make a copy it before it completely fell apart. My son helped me to scan it. (Thanks Matthew!)


The pattern comes in a long sleeved and a short sleeved version.

If you want to download the pattern, here's the link : in angora or fingering. You have to save the pattern as image files. Note that the pics on that link can be enlarged. Clicking on any of the pics will bring you to a separate page and you can zoom to see better. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this!! Not sure when I will get to it, but it is too pretty to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would look stunning wearing this....so glad you have a handy son to help out with the techy stuff - my son saves the day on this type of work for me too...just wish he lived closer because my list is getting long for when he returns.
    I do love this....but PETAL - I really love that cardi, I do hope you'll knit that up soon and show us, I recently bought a few new summer dresses and if you find the pattern easy (and correct) I'll give it a go myself.

    have a great week ahead...happy knitting

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful pattern! Thanks for sharing the pattern. If I can ever work out how to knit I would love to give this patten a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty cardigan! Thank you so much for sharing the pattern. Are you planning to knit it sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous pattern! If only I could knit that well :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in pattern love! My mom gave me all her patterns from the 60's and 70's and I just bout keeled over from excitement. What amazing pictures...=)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cardigan, reminds me a lot of the lace cardis Sarah Dallas was designing. I especially love the short sleeve version, would look great for a summer garden party. Although I have to say that the long sleeve version is so very pretty, too, great for crisp autumn days to wear over a simple shirt. Vintage patterns are always so very charming to me, love the styling and the look of the women wearing them, they always look so very elegant and beautiful in this handknitted items. (And they all were so very slim! Always!)

    ReplyDelete