Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sorbetto Dress

In the end, I couldn't make adjustments by adding elastic because the embossed fabric is rather stiff and doesn't take kindly to elastic or gathers. I had to iron the inverted pleat down to death because it keeps sticking out instead of laying flat. The dress looked kind of plain so I added a small bow where the pleat ends. If you strain your eyes, you can see the bow :)


Not bad for a dress without a zipper. There is sufficient ease so that I can put it on and pull it off. 


Note to self: 
I have made adjustments to my Sorbetto pattern. Trimmed off a bit at the side seam at underarm. Trimmed the width and length of the skirt. If I sew another Sorbetto again, I should raise the front neckline by about an inch.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks really good and very classy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! It's ages since I've done any dressmaking ... I felt my fingers itching reading this :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bow detail!!! You did a fantastic job. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love this silhouette...and i didn't even have to strain my eyes to see the adorable bow. well done. =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bow is a great addition! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dress!!!

    xoxo!
    http://self-dressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Erin!
    I'm taking a hiatus from knitting and trying to sew more since I moved back to hot hot hot Jakarta. Been wanting to try out this pattern and turning into a dress and came across this post!

    ReplyDelete