Monday, January 16, 2012

cheap and quick fix

My daughter has a pair of shorts that is a bit too short and she asked me help refashion it like this pair of shorts.


I unpicked the hem, and let it down by 2 cm. That was all I could do since the hem allowance was very small. Then I sewed on some ecru cotton lace trim by hand. The lace trim is from Daiso, 1.5m for S$2. Now the shorts is 3 cm longer. 


There was just enough lace trim left for me to hand sew them to the back pockets as well. This re-fashion took 2 nights. One night to unpick the hem and another night to sew the trim. I love cheap and quick fixes for clothes.

3 comments:

  1. They look great! It is so hard to find shorts that are just the right length. It seems they are either really short or go to the knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of giving a new lease of life to old and favourite clothes. You did a great job in transforming those shorts!...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s wonderful, looks so very good now. Not that the shorts didn´t looked good before, too, but now they own the wonderful little personal touch. I always love clothes with this individual addings, makes them even more belonging to a person. (Must really keep this more in my mind and try it ,too, with my own clothes this year) Your daughter must be very happy and proud to have such a dear, patient and talented mother.

    ReplyDelete