Saturday, November 27, 2010

I did it!

My daughter bought a school tshirt. It was a size S but it was too big at the shoulders and too long for her. She asked if I could fix it. I got really ambitious and managed to convince her to let me cut up her brand new tshirt :) I cut off the sleeves and adjusted the armhole higher up the shoulder seam and re-sized sleeve cap following one of her fave tshirts. I also took in the sides and re-shaped it like her fave tshirt which has a gentle girl-cut waistline.

I managed to put it back together!!

I had trouble hemming the bottom of the tshirt. In the end, I used this tape and sewed it over the raw edge of the hem.

I sewed 2 rows of stitching to mimic the 2 needle seam of the original hem.

Everytime she wears this tshirt, I'm going to smile to myself. I did it! I re-sized her tshirt!

Friday, November 12, 2010

stripey socks for me

I started these socks in Jan 2008, so it took me only about 23 months to finish them. I picked them up again last month. It was fun getting back to sock knitting. Loved the mindless stockinette, even knitted some rows in the car, which is something that I haven't done in ages.

Yarn: Online Supersocke 100, colour - Sierra, 100g 420m
Needle size: Tulip bamboo 2.25mm
Pattern: Wendy's toe up sock

Note to self: I needed a stretchy bind off to fit my calves. Bound off using this method: knit 2 stitches, then knit both through the back loop, knit another stitch, then knit both through the back loop. Knit the k stitches and purl the p stitches.
I almost got the stripes to match except for this bit at the heel.

My son and I baked these cupcakes for his sunday school class barbeque last week. There were only a few boys and teachers so I thought that there would be leftovers but the boys ate up all 28 cupcakes! Boys have big appetites :)