Saturday, November 17, 2007

more kid knitting

This is the beginning of a sweater for my daughter. I'm using Katia austral yarn again. This is unfortunately the last of my austral stash. I love this yarn, it is nice to knit with, and soft to wear. There are two types of yarn in my stash. The yarns that I love and the yarns that I do not like. Either way, as you can see, I have a problem knitting them up.

The sweater is Luka, another Rowan Junior design. It's stockinette all the way, but at least there is a bit of striping to break up the monotony and to amuse me. I am using the leftover yarn from my son's sweater to do the green stripes.

I like how it looks on the reverse side.

By the way, I finished the first knee high sock. Here's a view of the ribbed cuff. I googled and found the russian cast off. It is a very stretchy bind off that looks nice too. It looks a little like the tubular bind off with a bonus - no sewing whatsoever! I made my daughter try on the sock and now I'm not sure if the ribbing is too loose and whether the sock can stay up. The bind off is so loose that it does not hug her leg at all. My gut feel is that it is probably too loose. I'll cast off the second sock in the usual way and see which fits better.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend. I'm quite excited about going to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang tomorrow afternoon with my kids.

9 comments:

  1. What a cute sweater! And with the green for the stripes, your children will coordinate for pictures. :) I like the different ribbing color on the socks. Have fun at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be another lovely sweater. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang looks like it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater is so cool! I can't wait to see your version ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely colour combination of green and pink. Both me and DD favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh erin, i love this sweater!
    and the olive/blue is my favorite new color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoyed Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! Love the stripy sweater...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors. Remind of a nice day with a clear blue sky. Cute sweaters too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colourway of the sweater you do for your daughter. And your son's sweater look so good on him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the striping. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete