Saturday, February 24, 2007

happy chinese new year

I haven't blogged in a while and there has been quite a bit of knit happenning here. I'll start with the latest - Mimi came to Singapore! We met and chatted and went to the yarn shop, of course. And she brought me presents! A Bugs Bunny zip-up case for all my paraphernalia, Diasilkombrer, Regia and some dark wine HYX Chinese lace yarn. And not forgetting that sweet ballerina for my daughter. The ballerina is a music box and her head turns with the music. Mimi didn't know it, but I have been looking for a ballerina music box for my daughter for a long time.

Right at this moment, I'm having a bit of a breather, sitting by myself, knitting and enjoying green tea with homemade pineapple cookies (the ones in the pink paper cups) and peanut cookies from my auntie. By the way, the yellow teacup and tray are part of the tea set used for the Chinese tea ceremony at my wedding. The red (it's a darker red in real life) project here is Alex from Rowan 31. I've added 2 inches to the ribbing to avoid navel exposure. It is still Chinese New Year as it lasts for 15 days culminating in yet another feast on the 15th night. So Happy Chinese New Year to you and I hope you'll find some time to relax this weekend.

13 comments:

  1. how fun to have a friend visit! Love the Alex sweater and color...can't wait to see that finished! I am actually going to a chinese new year party tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food pictures always make me hungry! :) I'm glad you had a fun visit with your friend. I like the red of your sweater.

    Happy Chinese New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time with Mimi!
    Anyway, your picture made me feel sad that all my pineapple cookies that I brought from home are gone ;(
    Hehe, happy Chinese New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to have friends visiting! :D Sounds like you are having a wonderful time knitting during CNY! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Chinese New Year! What wonderful gifts from Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy CNY!!! Hope you had a great time and what a lovely surprise from your friend =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Chinese Year to you too Erin! I love the Alex sweater...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely gifts from Mimi! Those cookies look yummy...good thing you're lengthening Alex. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you and your family, Erin! And how I miss the pineapple cookies. My mom has no time to bake them this year as she's busy with my brother's little girl. And I miss the days when I would help her with topping the pineapple jam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Chinese New Year to you too. It sounds like a great visit with your friend too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gong Xi Fat Choi, Erin. I also love your red color and the pattern you choose. It will make a terrific sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Chinese New Year to you, dear Erin, hope it will bring you all the joy and love you wish. Isn´t it a good start of a new year to meet a blog friend and sharing the same things even for just one day? And I LOVE Alex, this is exactly the style I like the most.
    Enjoy your 15 days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Xin Nian Kuai Le! =) The red looks good.. Very suitable for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete