Wednesday, November 08, 2006

still not done, just blocking

Thanks for all the encouraging comments on the paisley crochet. For those of you who asked, the pattern is from an old Japanese book.

For now, I have nothing much to show and tell except that I have finished knitting the pieces of my cardigan and finally got round to blocking it last night. I didn't want to deal with dunking the pieces into water and I don't have a steam iron, so I sprayed it with water instead. I decided not to block the ribbing. Are you tired of looking at this cardi that is taking forever to get done? Sigh, I am.

Blogging will be sparse until the end of the year, as I will not have much time to knit and hence very little to blog about. Weekends, which are my most productive knitting times, will be occupied, because my daughter's ballet teacher is organising a concert for all her students. As it is being put together with the help of parent volunteers, the costume measuring and fittings, rehearsals, and publicity photo shoots will all be on the weekends, leading up to the grand finale, at a real concert hall in mid-December. We are all very excited about the whole thing. I have volunteered to help sew embellishments on the costumes, so maybe I'll learn a thing or two about sewing beads and sequins. I just hope I don't wreck anything!

16 comments:

  1. The cables have really opened up beautifully! Maybe you could squeeze in some knitting in between rehearsals, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell her good luck- It sounds pretty grand!

    Good luck finding a little knitting time too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a Fo is coming very soon! ;)
    The ballet concert sounds exciting and maybe we will be able to see the beads and sequins work in your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cables are gorgeous. Sounds like you and your daughter will be having lots of fun with her ballet. It will be good to hear from you again when life quiets down some :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can assure you we'll never get tired of gorgeous cables!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun with the costumes, that sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The concert project sounds like real fun! Have fun with it and good luck to your daughter! No one's tired of the cables yet :) Be sure to post when it's all done now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cable cardi looks really great! Costume making will be fun... I remember, a few years back, making egyptian costumes for the children and I had great fun appying beads to golden fabric to make mock jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mine is on the blocking board too..hopefully i'll have time to finish the collar and seam it up this coming weekend. i'm so glad we're doing this together. if not it'll probably still sitting in my basket collecting dust :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cable cardi is looking great. Can't wait to see it all sewn up. Hopefully you'll be able to get some knitting in during the rehearsals. Have fun with the costume making, you're a braver woman than I.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds so exciting, you must be a very proud mum and isn´t it fantastic that by the way you could also learn a bit more about embellishments? Sounds like you both will have - besides hectic and nervousity and busy weekends - a great and wonderful time. So good luck to you and your daughter and maybe you share some pictures with us?
    And congratulations to your finished cardigan, it looks really lovely and maybe it´s cold offstage?
    Have a great weekend,
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am knitting a cable & lace vest to my friend and still wondering whether I should block it. Hope the ballet concert is a success one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sound like such fun! I'm sure you'll find time to fit in some knitting somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This time of year is always just crazy in general. For me at least, with all the holidays coming up, life is a little nuts! Here's hoping you have some time to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Applause for (nearly) finishing your cardi!! :-)

    Have fun sewing, do show us how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You'll soon have a gorgeous cardi. Exciting about the ballet concert. I fondly remember spending weekends this time of year in the ballet studio gearing up for holiday performances. Give my good luck wishes to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete