Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Life is still hectic

... but a surprise came in the mail, out of the blue, and completely brightened up my week.

Gorgeous midnight Skacel laceweight merino and Lorna's Laces in Black Purl.

The cutest sheep measuring tape and teacup pincushion with baby cotton yarn and bamboo addis!

To top it all off, luxurious bath goodies! All gifted by Mimi! Doesn't she have fabulous taste?

I also received magazines from Kerry and Agnes. Kerry gave me a sparkly pink initial of my very own to hang on my wall. It makes me happy just to look at it! Today's photos are very bad photos, but they're the best I could come up with. My camera has not been the same since it came back from servicing last month. The photos taken on autofcus are overexposed and bathed in blinding light. I really should bring it back to the service centre to enquire, but I haven't found the time to do so yet.

A sweet friend also gave me pink yarn to knit something for my daughter. I'll show it to you when I cast on. Now for a quick update. Sewise, I finally found a local supplier of Singer sewing machine parts and bought my walking foot and invisible zipper foot. The walking foot looks like a formidable piece of equipment that I don't have time to grapple with at the moment. Knitwise, I started a shawl, but it's only a few inches at the moment, so hopefully it will grow fast and look more interesting so that I can show it to you. Meanwhile, there are so many lovely new sweaters in the Fall magazines that I'm in danger of falling into startitis overdrive, how about you? My current raves are Knitscene's Molly Ringwald, the elegant grey cabled v-neck and the stunning red plunging v-neck, both from VK and IK's swallowtail shawl. For shame, all thought of knitting the husband's sweater has gone with the wind.

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Molly Ringwald sweater. Erin, when will you drop by for my knitting lesson? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of great stuff! That will brighten any day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Mimi the best? Have fun with all your new gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo ... Christmas comes early in Singapore! hahaha ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly Ringwald is adorable! I'm restraining myself from startitis overdrive too, it is very hard but I'm trying... ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I also love the IK Fall 2006 and the knitScene. So many that cannot knit them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely presents! I love the start of a new season with all the new magazines and projects to cast on... Looking forward to seeing what shawl you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I won't see Jarret soon then.
    By the way, I saw recipe magazine there. Do you like to cook? What brand of cookware you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It´s the same with me, there are too many beautiful designs out there for winter, so all my best intentions to make a lot of handknitted christmas presents are now invalid, so many cardis (above all the beautiful Kim Hargreave ones) and things are a Must Have for my own. Poor family and lucky me, and the best thing is, my husband isn´t a fan of knitted sweaters, so no large pieces to knit and a lot of more yarn for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, those are some fabulous gifts!
    I love the Molly Ringwald sweater too, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh , you are just human. WOuld he have really loved the sweater anyhow? As much as you would love your new knits?

    Love the lorna's laces colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The black purl colorway is soo pretty. There are too many choices this fall-too many lovely patterns!

    ReplyDelete