Wednesday, March 15, 2006

waylaid

The purple shrug is taking longer than expected. It was waylaid by housework. But at least now the floor is reasonably clean, the clothes are washed, folded, ironed and kept and the kids' bags that littered the floor next to the front door have been cleared. Did it with the kids' help, as they are having their one week break from school.

I have also been distracted by my growing collection of Japanese crafting magazines - flowers, crochet, bags, and skirts. This skirt a la carte book has simple skirt patterns that I can just trace out. I don't have to draft any of them out on mahjong paper from scratch as I usually have to do. What a luxury for me. The People's Park renovation is finally completed and some of the fabric shops have moved back. I walked around for a long time before I found this pink and blue Japanese cotton. I wish the shops would stock up more on cotton. Next time, I will go to the quilting shops for cotton fabric.

I forgot to mention that Jack and Nora have received their miniswap package and for a peek at what we sent, take a look at jack-goes-to-post-office.

11 comments:

  1. Those Japanese carft books are certainly very distracting !... Our brainwaves must have crossed, as I have just ordered a couple of Japanese carft books this morning. I had to order them from the US, and I hope they'll hit our shelves over here soon. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, pretty fabric! Do you have plans for it already? or is is for the stash? That skirt book sounds so interesting, did you find some to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt on the cover is lovely. Is that book from kino? Are you planning to sew another skirt? I think I got bitten by the fabric bug too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Japanese crafting books look so interesting- I'd be distracted, too! I've been perusing YesAsia.com and have been very tempted by all the knitting and crafting mags. Your fabric is beautiful! You have quite an eye for pretty prints. I always feel so lost in fabric stores! Can't wait to see your projects...take care, Erin! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little sheep you got them, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the feeling of clean house! It means knitting without guiltness! :D
    we are all curious about your pretty fabrics, what are you going to sew?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swen skirts are certainly quicker than knit anything! Neat fabric choices - so light and spring-like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I must visit People's Park next time we come back to Singapore. The two fabric that you choose are lovely, so apt for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This fabrics are so nice, I love that soft colours. And I have so often now read about these Japanese craftbooks, I think it´s now time to order some of them,too. (Are you planning to embellish shopping-baskets with your fabric? This is such a great idea, I have seen such baskets in shops, but it´s much more nicer to do it by yourself.) Looking forward your plans, and enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those Japanese books too, but I find that even the ones with the patterns in the back are not as easy to use as the patterns from the US. The thing is to buy both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bag's pattern book looks great, will you be doing one of them?

    ReplyDelete